Tuesday 9 August 2011

Tri shutter album

    Here's an attempt to make a tri shutter album. I have chosen to make this for our daughter because I could not find an album that I wanted and I was not planning to scrap her photos and unfortunately, most shops sell scrapbook albums if you were looking for something better than just ordinary photo albums. So, I thought that I might as well scrap something myself such as this tri shutter album. (You can find many tutorials in YouTube.) Unfortunately, shopping for materials is no easy task, even with a full pocket.

    There are so many many colours and designs that I did not know where to start from. I had a theme, I wanted polka dots, 5-petaled flowers, pink and crimson. I really liked the papers and embellishments as they are but I got a little disappointed when they came together. Here's what I ended up using - (you'll need) 2 nos. 12x12 card stocks, 1 reversible designer paper and I used the strip (of green polka dots) at 1 of its edges by using a flower punch (shown 3 in a line) and the Stella Rose label for the album front. 

    I also got some loose 6x6 reversible DP's just in case. I used it for journaling, cut them to the desired size and corner punched them.  Finally, the lovely pink grosgrain ribbon (from Yee Button Sdn Bhd - good enough range of grosgrain ribbons at an affordable price). 
Thank you for reading and I hope you have something to share as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment