Friday 19 August 2011

Selamat Hari Raya

Wishing all my Muslim friends and relatives a happy "Eid-ul Fitr" or Selamat Hari Raya Puasa. This is the first card I ever made for a raya season.

I want to make greeting cards for a change, rather than spending all that time (choosing) and money. Although it probably costs a bit more on materials, the same ingredients can produce more than 1 card and of different designs. It's just fun :D!

Design 1
I have used satin ribbons for weaving the ketupat (my method may not be exactly right). They are too smooth for weaving but it was challenging and its shine stood out. Then, there were the brads. I am so happy that I managed to use them, I love them so much. The patterned paper was also very appropriate (Cosmo Cricket - Upcycle Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Refound : link below). 

Once again, Selamat Hari Raya!


http://www.qbaroo.com/cosmocricketretail/largeImage.cfm?type=1&subcat=46&product=536 

         
                                                                                            Design 2

No comments:

Post a Comment