Monday 25 July 2011

Graduation Congratulations


1. As a beginner, what do you do when you want to craft a card as pretty and perfect as scrap booking and card crafting demonstrators? I made sketches. Ha! And I did not follow them :-)

2. What do you do when you do not have scallop punches and stamp sets with lovely greetings?  I googled for images of greetings or you can print from your office word file in any shape you want. I found a phrase in a circular form of which I thought I'd never use, as well as a single-word wish of which I thought I would most likely use. And I also found an image for the theme.

So, what came out of all these? Ta daa... -->>

There a few things and thoughts that inspired this card which I'd like to share, although it looks so simple. This card is for an aunt who loves purple so much regardless of any tone, even for her house! The purple scallop around the phrase was an idea from the Andrea Walford Sunny Stampin' Studio (refer to the link below). I used a heart shape punch, cut the heart in half to use the curve on top of it and stuck to the back of the phrase just showing the curved top of the heart. While each heart has 2 curves on top, I only needed 4.

Why had I decided to use the circular phrase? I was trying out on sponging the edge of the paper so that it could hide away the imperfect cut of the circle. I am also trying to finish off the white paper flowers (previously used for the note card, and sponging it does not quite work) and it seemed to fit in the circular phrase perfectly, and pinned it with a brad. Just love the brads! :D 

Well, I hope you have enjoyed reading this and hope you can share something you've made.

Credits : I'm most grateful for the above ideas from the Sunny Stampin' Studio (Andrea Walford) and the Scrap Bug studio (Miss Goh SC).

Note : I am aware of the 'colour' of the flower. Alternatively, anything of any colour could be a replacement.

http://andreawalford.com/shes-all-that-card-mini-tutorial-on-creating-an-oval-scalloped-edge

1 comment:

  1. Ling, finally today I visited your blog. It's really amazing that you so painstakingly and creatively put every of those items together to create those cards. Really enjoyed each of your entries. Thanks again for my purple graduation card ;-D

    ReplyDelete